Tuesday, December 12, 2023

New Company Car

Twice in the past 10 years I've blogged about getting a new Honda Odyssey, when we bought Dusty in 2014 and Luna in 2021.  Well, this will be my 3rd blog about getting a new Honda Odyssey.  Let me give you a little background as to why we would trade in a car that's only 3 years old.  You see, when Dusty was not much older than that, her doors started breaking and we invested quite a bit to get them working again. So we decided when Luna's doors started getting a little sluggish/glitchy, the kindest thing to do would probably be to let her go live with a nice Johnson County family who wouldn't abuse her with gravel roads any more.  And when we got a great offer for her trade-in, it was a done deal.  We headed to McCarthy Honda and brought home our new van, the "newest" car we've ever owned with only 4 miles on the odometer!

Isn't she perty??  We're still working on a name, as our cars are typically named using their color, and we already have a "Pearl" in our driveway with Calvin's car (Syd's/Joy's old car; not sure I ever blogged about his big purchase when Roonie bit the dust?).  Anyway, if you have any name suggestions for this "Platinum White Pearl" beaut, let me know.


Violet was SO excited for the new car and told everyone she saw about it!
This car is basically exactly the same as our previous two, except that it is one trim package higher.  We couldn't find the same trim package ANYWHERE, and while I didn't really care about leather or a sunroof, I guess I have them now!  Other upgrades from Luna are more USBs throughout the cabin, a powerlift tailgate (this is something I'm actually excited about), memory on the driver seat (i.e. it adjusts as soon as the key fob enters the car), and remote start. 
So here's our current driveway situation.  We have Calvin's Pearl, Oliver's Bluey, the Truck, Dusty (living up her name, as usual), and New-Van-Name-TBD.  I plan to continue driving Dusty back and forth to work to save the new van the gravel (and miles). She has 230K miles and still drives great, although the doors don't work (again). But she's certainly fine when it's just me.
I'm really excited about my new Company Car and I'm thankful for all of the memories made with Luna over the past 3 years!  In that time, we put 77,000 miles on her and she made trips to Texas, Colorado (with Syd), Arizona (with Jack), lots of Lake and Branson trips, and the everyday stuff like driving to work and church. Hopefully she is already home with a nice family :)  Here's to more memories made in our third Honda Odyssey!

No comments: