Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Deterding Family Christmas

All my heart again rejoices As I hear Far and near
Sweetest angel voices. "Christ is born!" their choirs are singing
Till the air Everywhere Now with joy is ringing. LSB 360:1

 Christmas at my mom and dad's was held on the Saturday evening.  Mom's tree sure looked pretty from outside!

 
We started with a few family pictures as we always do. Somehow I only ended up with pictures of Joy's and my families, though. Sorry boys!  At least Kyle and John are in the big family picture. And I threw in a pic of my beautiful momma and me, just for fun.




We enjoyed our traditional Mexican feast and then Evelyn did the honors of reading the Christmas story this year.
The True Story of Christmas out of Luke 2 reminds us of the Best Gift ever given! I'm thankful that we can start our Christmas by focusing on what God gave us in Jesus.  Evie and Kyla helped Grandma pass out the presents next.  
I can't believe how grown up these 3 are!  In case you were wondering, they all got shoes (as they do every year)!
Violet got a fun unicorn light and some socks that have Kitty's actual face on them!
Calvin also got some local honey (from two different places) from Aunt Joy -- this was probably his favorite gift! My boys LOVES his honey.  And my girls both got jammies which they were excited about.
Along with heated jackets and a few other things, we got mom and dad an engraved cutting board with handwritten messages from each of the grandkids.  Our friend from high school, Dawnua, makes them and they are just beautiful.
Grandparents really are a gift from God (as the board says), and these kids got the BEST GIFT with Grandpa Kermit and Grandma Cheryl as their grandparents!
Hear! The Conqueror has spoken: "Now the foe, Sin and woe,
Death and hell are broken!" God is man, man to deliver,
And the Son Now is one With our blood forever. 

Softly from His lowly manger Jesus calls One and all,
"You are safe from danger. Children, from the sins that grieve you
You are freed; All you need I will surely give you." LSB 360:2,5

No comments: