Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Bass Pro Christmas Finale

 As I mentioned in my birthday post, we visited Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro last weekend.  For 11 straight years (2009 to 2019), this was one of my favorite December traditions.  We didn't make it in 2020 or 2021 because of Covid and then last year, life was just busy with boys in high school basketball during December.  When I realized my birthday was on a Saturday (so I could guilt the kids into going) AND they take reservations now, I was so excited to have one last Bass Pro Christmas.  When we got there, the boys started shooting in the gallery, which got me emotional right off.  Instead of my handsome high school senior and sophomore, all I could see were the adorable little boys who ALWAYS gravitated immediately to this shooting gallery.

And as I took this pic with my girls by the snowman and Christmas tree, I though of all of the years past we have taken this same picture. (And somehow, I'm wearing the same sweater from 2009 -- I really need to get some new clothes!)
Violet was very excited to see an adorable baby just in front of us to see Santa. She was uncharacteristically very self-controlled in her interaction with this sweet little one.
I don't know that we've ever had this Santa before, and he was great! Very personable with the kids, not rushed at all, and asked each of them what they wanted for Christmas.  Maybe having reservations actually gives a little more time?  It was great.
Oliver found his FAVORITE Christmas gift from when he was 4, and Violet found what she wants for Christmas, too.
We took advantage of a couple of great photo ops before we called it good.  Bass Pro is always so beautiful at Christmas!
Violet was being super goofy here. It makes my heart so happy to hear my children laughing together and to know how much they love each other.
Without further ado, here is the full run-down of Bass Pro Santa pics for the Dwyer kids through the years, 2009 through 2019 PLUS this year, 2023.  
I was so good at coordinating the kids in the early years . . .
You can see when I stop caring. . .

. . . and I probably told the boys to put on something red this year. Calvin's sweatshirt was his absolute favorite and is totally stained.  Gotta love boys!
Oooh -- we're back to somewhat coordinating (but not sure how this could possibly have been the best pic of my boys)!
2019: When I blogged this, Calvin was in 8th grade and I said I was chanting "4 more years!" to him as we left.  Well, I didn't exactly get 4 more years, but we did get his Senior year.  Crazy how much my kids, and Calvin especially, changed between 2019 and this year.
What fun, looking back through all of these pictures, and the blog posts that accompanied them! As I read through the posts, I loved seeing what the kids wrote in their letters to Santa each year. Such great memories!  I love that Bass Pro has kept doing this year after year, and I'm thankful that my kids humored me one last time.  I'm such a blessed momma!!

No comments: