The kids have officially started another school year. Now typically the beginning of the new school year doesn't get me nearly as emotional as the ending each year. I always kind of look forward to the getting everyone back in a schedule, more dinners at home, time for me to actually catch up on housework, and fall sports starting up. But this year is hitting me like a ton of bricks. Evelyn is starting her final year of elementary (I can't believe there won't be a Dwyer kiddo at WES next year!); Violet is starting her final year of Middle School, and *gulp* Calvin is starting his final year of High School! (I'm thankful that at least Oliver is keeping it boring for me.) I knew this day was coming, but I've still been kind of a wreck the past week. Before we get to actual first-day pictures, I had to share a couple of sweet ones of Evie and her friends from the back-to-school pool party last weekend.
Monday, August 21, 2023
Back to School: Tear-Jerker Edition
Evelyn's FINAL back-to-school/meet-the-teacher night was one of the first times we were actually meeting the teacher for the first time. She has a brand-new, fresh-out-of-school teacher who seems really great!
Mrs. Harvey even had this adorable background wall with photo-props for pictures.
Got her stuff put away and she's all ready!
I can't believe this is the last time I'll have a child standing by this sign for the first day of school :(
Without further ado, here are the first day of school pictures! (Which are kind of fake because Oliver and Violet didn't actually start until Friday. I made them all get up and take them together and thankfully my kids are awesome and humored me!)
And a couple of bonus pics just because my girls are so beautiful. . .
Miss Violet, our big 8th grader, at the Middle School (which is just finishing up construction):
Pics by the high school were a little different because, while close, the school isn't quite done yet. I had to improvise a bit. It's looking really good, though!
Calvin had to be gone by 7:00 a.m. as a mentor the first day. When he drove off for his last-ever first day of school, I cried yet again. (And by the way, I forgot to post about his big purchase this summer -- Roonie was on her last leg and so Calvin bought Pearl from Syd! He now has the second-nicest car in our driveway.) I still see that adorable little kindergartner when I look at my boy. Russ has to remind me that Calvin is so awesome at this age! We are so lucky to be his parents.
Here's a collage of all 13 of his First Day of School pictures:
Ready or not, here we come! Even more so than usual, I'm going to try to be very intentional this year about enjoying every second, soaking it all in, and being present for all of these "lasts." I know it will be a great year, and we have SO MUCH to be thankful for!
Calvin, Oliver, Violet, and Evelyn, I love you more than you'll ever know! I pray that you always stay rooted and built up in the faith Jesus gave you in your baptism, and always have a heart of thanksgiving.
"As you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving." Colossians 2:6-7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





























No comments:
Post a Comment