Sunday, August 27, 2017

Friday Night Fun!

We had a fun and FULL Friday evening, beginning with Zoe's Bake Sale and the Wellsville Car Show!  Here's Violet with the Girl of the Hour, Miss Zoe. These two ladies went to school together until they were 4.  We are sad that we don't get to see them as much as we'd like, but Violet's face always lights up when she sees her friend.  And we never miss her bake sale to raise money for Mitochondrial Disease research!
 Zoe's beautiful momma, Cindy, and I got all of the goodies set up for the sale. . .
 . . . while the brothers and little sister decided which goodies they wanted to bring home!  Oliver was pumped that someone made lemon-poppy seed bread again this year.  I need to get a good recipe for this.
The local Girl Scouts were selling these super-cool sunglasses, and Zoe looked so stylin' in hers that Evie and I had to go find us a couple pair.
 They are cute and the price was right at 2 pair for $5! 
Violet was lucky enough to get to ride in one of the fancy cars at the show.
 It was an absolutely perfect evening for the Car Show and we had a great time on the bricks of Main Street!
 Calvin had to leave the Car Show a little early to leave for his very first Middle School DANCE.  I'm in a bit of denial that he's old enough to go to dances now.  He and Brody walked from Main Street to the school and he reported later that they had a lot of fun!  He told me that the only girl he danced with was Sam, who is practically family, and was one of the high school FBLA members helping with the dance.  Good choice, Son!
 I also had to leave the Car Show a little early because I had a concert to attend!  Mom had received a special VIP invitation from Life 88.5 to attend a private concert by Jason Gray.  As part of her invitation, she also received an autographed CD.  There is a lot of great music on this one!
She was able to bring guests and so Sara and I joined her for this incredible night! We started with some yummy fruits and desserts and a meet and greet with the Life 88.5 radio personalities.
 Then Jason Gray took the stage.  He put on a wonderful show, and sings so many awesome songs pointing the way to Jesus!  One of my favorites is definitely "Sparrows", which reminds us not to worry because God is in control of everything and will ALWAYS take care of us.
 This was such a unique concert because it really did feel private.  There were probably less than 200 people in attendance, and there was a lot of audience participation.  I felt like we really got to know Jason Gray through the night as he shared funny stories as well as painful times in his life.  After the concert, we even got to meet him!
What a fun and memorable Friday night!  I'm so thankful for the Car Show organizers, the High School FBLA members for putting on the Middle School Dance for Calvin, and Mom for inviting me to the fantastic concert -- so much to be thankful for!

No comments: