We just returned from another wonderful Big Deterding Family Lake Weekend! I love that we've been meeting the first weekend of August since before I was born, and I love that even with 50+ people, we all get along so well. This is a reunion we ALL look forward to! We arrived Friday morning at Dave and Kristol's beautiful lake home and the kids were in the water in no time. The huge water mat provides hours of entertainment!
More fun in the water for these BFFs.
The boys also did plenty of fishing. Look at their huge catch!
This one will fill him up for days!
Aunt Karla is always prepared with ice cream cones for the kids. . .
. . . and then back to the lake for some paddle-boating.
Kristol and Dave spoiled us the first night for dinner with some delicious homemade pizzas baked in the pizza oven. They made about 30 different pizzas and all of them were so yummy!
Then we enjoyed a beautiful evening outside with family.
On Saturday, for the first time in as long as I can remember, it rained. All day. But a little rain can't stop us from having fun! We did manis/pedis. . .
. . . played lots of ping-pong tournaments and several rounds of "Mafia". . .
. . . and plenty of hide-and-go-seek in the dark.
The little girls matched with their hairstyles. . .
. . . and the big girls matched with their shirts -- we all love the super-comfy Thrivent shirts!
Even though it was raining, thankfully this awesome lake house has a huge covered outdoor kitchen. So Nathan's famous Saturday evening fish fry could still take place and was yummy as ever! As always we were eating the fish as quickly as he could fry it -- I look forward to this all year!
That evening we played a riveting game of Left-Right-Center and Kristen was the big winner! Poor Evie was the runner-up and watched longingly as Kristen counted her winnings.
Sunday morning, we held our traditional Deterding Church of the Ozarks on the deck, and because of the rain, it was much cooler than in year's past. After it had rained all day Saturday, it really stormed that night and it was reported that the area received 6 inches in 3 hours! After church, we played with some bubbles. . .
. . . and Ty found a friend.
Because of the large amounts of rain, there was plenty of driftwood floating in the lake. Our kids found this HUGE log that they could actually ride on! They thought it was so funny as they used their arms as oars and paddled around on the log.
We had another fantastic weekend at our big Deterding reunion. I know how special this time is and I'm very thankful for these people I'm blessed to call family. And a huge thanks once again to Dave and Kristol for opening up their amazing home to our crazy crew!
No comments:
Post a Comment